It’s time for me to take stock of the year that has passed, reflect on what I want to maintain or change, and set goals for the year to come. I realize it is a little cliché to have such a list, but I feel it will help keep me accountable. It’s not so much that I am setting resolutions per se, but simply that I am challenging myself to be better.
- Pay down our mortgage by $25,000;
- Continue to create a family budget, however start tracking that budget in more detail;
- Earn double my freelance income from 2011.
- Create a larger following for my blog by researching and writing interesting content that gets people thinking about how they manage their finances and how they live their lives;
- Guest post for other blogs at least 6 times this year;
- Grow my freelance client base;
- Master the art of social media;
- Attend one blogger conference;
- Attend one yoga conference.
- Learn to live in the present moment;
- Be more patient with my kids;
- Read 20 books this year;
- Attend 1 yoga class per week in a studio to complement my home practice and learn from other teachers;
- Run 1 organized 10km race;
- Enjoy 1 date night per month outside the home with my loving husband.
Have you considered your goals for 2012? If so, what is your biggest challenge ahead?