This recipe is, by far, the simplest thing I have ever made. It is inexpensive and takes no time to put together. You can even keep the ingredients on hand for any spontaneous overnight guests.
- 2 pie sheets of puff pastry
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed (or substitute 400g of sliced ham)
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry and line pie dish. Arrange half of the spinach (or ham) on the bottom;
- Break 7 of the eggs and place them evenly around dish. Prick yolks with a fork, avoiding to stir yolk into the white of the eggs;
- Sprinkle the green onion and parmesan cheese on top. Add salt and pepper. Add remaining spinach (or ham) and cover with second sheet of pastry;
- Beat last egg with milk and brush on top of pastry. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
I have never made this dish without receiving compliments. Simply delicious!
I found this recipe online a few years ago. I cannot remember the source; therefore, the lack of reference is not intentional.